HomeFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

HOW TO BE FIT-AND SAFE

Go down 
AuthorMessage
قطرة ندى

PostSubject: HOW TO BE FIT-AND SAFE   Fri Dec 23, 2011 7:31 pm

HOW TO BE FIT-AND SAFE

[Dr Blake has been talking at Sami's school about fitness and sports injuries .Now he is answering questions.

]I'm Mike Smith ,and I went football training after a week in bed with flu-and I collapsed.I was all right, but what's your advice in that situation?
Violent exercise after you've been ill is dangerous, Mike, so you were lucky . Your body was still too weak to do sport ,and it needed time to get stronger So ,after an illness ,don't push yourself too hard or too fast . Take things slowly. Remember the old saying : '' Better safe than sorry''.

Hello.I'm Amy Hall, and I'm 15 .How much exercise should I do?
Try to do about 30 minutes a day .But you don't have to do a violent sport to be healthy . You just need to be active enough to increase your heart rate and make your muscles work. You couldwalk fast to and from school , or do something as simple as half an hour's active housework . That's enough to feel fitter and healthier , to stay thin and not to put on weight. You'll live longer,too!

I'm Julie Nixon .I went skiing last year , and I broke my leg . Now I want to get active again , but I don't want any more injuries !What's your advice?
Well, you probably feel that skiing is too dangerous, and it certainly is more dangerous than most sport. You could try football, but that's still not very safe . There are about six serious injuries in every 100 games . The safest activity is swimming , and that's also good for old injuries like yours.

But for all sport, remember some basic rules .First of all, warm up before you start . Do gentle exercises for the various muscles . Secondly, use the right clothes and equipment –good –quality shoes,for example . Thirdly , don't do too much .If you still feel tired after your last game or training , wait. If your muscles still ache, stop. Be sensible.
My final message is this .Yes , do a sport because it's good for you , and it's fun . But do it sensibly and safely.

Student's
Book
Page 26

santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa santa cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry cherry albino albino albino albino albino albino albino albino pale pale pale pale pale pale clown clown clown clown clown clown clown What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face What a Face Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
الامل الكبير

PostSubject: Beautiful   Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:16 pm

Back to top Go down

HOW TO BE FIT-AND SAFE
Page 1 of 1